Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2021

Costa Rica Adventures: Day 2, part 2


L to R: J, C, K, B, M, P

Don't we look excited😆

After lunch we walked over to the Adventure Center which is where we got geared up for ziplining. P and I had both done rope courses before so this wasn't entirely unknown to us. The rest were 100% newbies. 

As with river tubing, we were given a quick safety lesson and assured that we would be taken care of. 

P

P getting unclipped

K

M

J

B

C

Halfway through the course we were asked if we wanted to rappel and if we said yes, we would have to climb up a rock wall to get back to the platform. Only P and I said yes. I initially said no as I didn't want to climb back up the wall but one of the guides let me in on a secret, they'd give us a little pull if we got stuck.

M

P

B

the canyon/gorge we ziplined through

K

C

waiting our turn for the Tarzan swing

B, M, K

Big smiles because everyone had fun! This day really pushed the limits for our youngest kid, B, who is a bit on the cautious side. She was a trooper through the entire day and really enjoyed herself even though everything we did was out of her comfort zone. 

The guides kept everyone safe and as you can see from the pictures, we were all masked up. When we got back to the Adventure Center, we were offered a digital copy of all the photographs that were taken for $60. For a family of 6, that's a steal. I really appreciated having photos of the experience and of myself. I'm the one behind the camera 99% of the time and seldom have my photo taken when we travel. So it was a nice break to be in the moment, enjoying myself, and not worrying about getting photos of everyone. The kids might get tired of me always photographing them but it sure is nice to have a visual record of our adventures!

No comments: